Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fear and Gender

Fear to me is like a threat.
Its an emotion that is created through various personal experiences.
Its a strange struggle that one has to deal with.
Its an insecurity that I feel.
For me, safety in fear, is only in defence.

I believe in Vinayak Das's proposal Off Limits. I understand the basic intention of imagery is for one to stop and observe. Also understanding the space and the mood that builds around it. The reason why I like Das's project is so that I can understand the spaces around me alot more then I did before. The fears I have encountered before have made me not want to visit spaces that I was most comfortable with. I believe that in doing this project, one can not only conquer fear and insecurities but also understand the level of others perception.

Sayantoni Palchoudhuri

No comments:

Post a Comment