Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When 200 turned up to Say 'I am'





The turn out was much more than we expected and all of us understood the power of Facebook. The walk was beautiful and joyful, no one tried to break the peace. So many people joined us as we walked and even the police were extremely supportive.

However we realized the web as a mobilizing tool is successful for only one section of society. What will it take to get people from all sections of society to fight for their right to declare their own culture? And how can we stop looking at only political parties as the threat, when actually the issue of losing our right to chose our own culture exists in every aspect of daily life?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Nice to know you were part of the walk, too.

    I was wondering if I could get your permission use the last pic - I'm the guy in red - thought I could post it to facebook :-)

    Cheers!
    Kaushyk

    ReplyDelete